Chinese University Program is an opportunity for international students to have access to free scholarship to study in China
Chinese government scholarship is the program that the Ministry of Education, or Bureau of Education of different provinces, municipal cities and some Chinese university offer to international students to pursue graduate studies in China. Currently, 271 Chinese universities offer the “Chinese University Program” to international students.
Types, duration and teaching language for this free scholarship to study in China
1. This Chinese government scholarship program is offered to master and Ph.D. students. The master program usually takes 2 to 3 years, and 4 years for Ph.D programs;
2. The scholarship is open to supporting students for the whole duration. It includes the Chinese language study and major study. It cannot be extended.
Worth of free scholarship to study in China
The worth of this Chinese Government scholarship includes:
For more detailed information, please log on to: http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/
when and how to apply for CSC scholarship
All the applicants can apply directly to Chinese universities. You must submit the scholarship application form as well as other required documents to the university. The application starts in October and ends in March.
The requirement for CSC scholarship
1.applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health condition
2.Age and Education Background
●Master degree applicant must have a bachelor’s degree and under 35.
●Ph.d degree applicant must have a master’s degree and under 40.
3. Generally, this scholarship is not available to those who already studied in China
Procedure for a free scholarship to study in China
1. The applicant can apply the Chinese University Program to the university directly
2. Applicant must also log on to China Scholarship Council to fill out the application and print the application form.
3. Applicant must submit all the required documents and send them to the university.
Note: China Scholarship Council (CSC) only takes the application through those universities that run Chinese University Program. CSC doesn’t take an individual application. The agency number of the Renmin University of China is 10002.
Application documents required for Chinese government scholarship (2 copies)
1.The application form of Chinese Government Scholarship (English or Chinese)
2. The notarized version of the highest diploma earned. If the applicant hasn’t earned the degree/diploma yet, the certificate of pre-gradation or other related documents must be submitted. Languages other than Chinese or English must be authenticated or notarized.
3. Trance of the highest degree earned. Languages other than Chinese or English must be authenticated or notarized.
4. Study plan or research proposal (no less than 800 words, in Chinese or English).
5. Two recommendation letters from associate professors or professors, in Chinese or English.
6. The applicant applies for music majors must submit the musical works. Art major applicants must submit two scratches, two color paintings, and other arts in CD format.
7.The Physical Examination Report.
8. Please submit all the above documents to designated universities. All the documents are not returned to the applicants once submitted.
Admission and Notice for a free scholarship to study in China
1. Chinese universities must review all the documents and decide the admission list.
2. Once applicants were admitted, CSC will review the admission list. Applicants then get the scholarship.
3. Every applicant can only take one offer from a Chinese university. Should the applicant get more than one offer, CSC will only grant one to the applicant.
4.CSC will send out the admission letter and JW201 form to the related Chinese universities, universities should send those documents to the applicants.
5. Applicants cannot change the university or major once registered with related universities.
6. If an applicant cannot register on time, the scholarship will be canceled.
Mailing adress to send your free scholarship to study in china application to
International Students Office
Renmin University of China
Room 108, International Cultural Exchange Center
No. 59 Zhongguancun St.
People`s Republic of China