Application Deadline: 30th April 2019
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Field of Study: Each applicant can choose one same major in three universities out of the 26 designated universities as their desired option.
About Scholarship: MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. Starting from 2015, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship.
Offered Since: 2015
Type: Masters and PhD Scholarships
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for a master’s program;
- be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- be under the age of 45 when applying;
- have sufficient English or Chinese proficiency which meets the academic requirements of the program.
Number of Scholarships: several
Value of Scholarship:
- -tuition waiver;
- -teaching material fee waiver;
- -research and survey fee waiver;
- -dissertation guidance fee waiver;
- -one-off resettlement fee:
- 3000RMB per master student,
- 3000RMB per PhD student;
- -on-campus accommodation;
- 3000RMB per month per master student,
- 3500RMB per month per PhD student;
- -medical insurance
- -one-time round-trip international airfare for all the students （First time fly to China after enrollment, and Fly back to home country while graduation）, and a maximum of “n-1” （“n” is for the length of schooling year which is set while the student was enrolled by the program） round-trip international airfares for home visits （one time per year set at the end of an academic year）.
Duration of Scholarship: Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3-4 years.
Eligible Countries: developing countries
To be taken at (country): Each applicant can choose one same major in three universities out of the 26 designated universities as their desired option. CSC will place each applicant in one university only based on their desired option and universities’ requirements.
Application Requirement (in Chinese or English)
- Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship;
- Photocopy of highest diploma;
- Photocopy of academic transcripts;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal with a minimum of 400 words;
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
How to Apply:
- Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship
- Ensure you have both submitted it online and printed the hard copy via www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details to apply
Sponsors: Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China
Important Notes: Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program if such program is available. When only Chinese-taught program is available, students should take Chinese language training courses for one to two years before moving on to their degree study.
Scholarship winners will get the admission package from ECCO of the Chinese Embassy by the end of August, 2016, and must register at the host university before the deadline which is usually September, 2016.