Hackny fellows Program for International Students 2019-2020
hackNY Fellows program is seeking talented quantitative and computerized hackers who want to improve their skills as they meet and work with colleagues and leaders in the New York startup community. The Summer Fellows program combines both quantitative and informative students with start-ups who can demonstrate a strong mentoring environment. Located in the heart of New York, with a cohort of some of the world’s most talented and creative student technologists. Start-ups pay $3,500 to hackNY each summer.
hackNY wants to unite the next generation of hackers within the New York Innovation Community.
HackNY, co-organized by the New York and Columbia professors, has been organizing hackNY Fellows and student hackathons since February 2010 to create and strengthen a community of student technologists.
Level/Field of Study
hackNY Fellows must be full-time students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree at the time of application. They are seeking applications from institutions across the country.
Hackny Fellowship is taken and hosted int he USA. There are other US Scholarships available for International students in 2019. You can utilize these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academics problems. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2019 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia,etc.
Hackny Fellowship is available to USA residents and international students if they are already enrolled at an American university at the time of application.
Startups offer the following for their Fellow:
- Start-ups pay $3,500 per scholar to hackNY for the summer. This includes accommodation, dinner and member events at least twice a week.
- Person: A technical mentor, For example, a technology leader or a team leader who leads his colleagues and answers his technical and professional questions.
- Location: An office where his colleague can work, whether in a dedicated office or with your team in a coworking space.
- Project: technical project or series of significant projects. All hackNY Fellows send code that becomes part of their host boat’s product.
Paycheck: Host startups pay at least 10 weeks to each fellow.
Eligibility for Hackny Fellows 2019
- hackNY Fellows must be full-time students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree at the time of application. They are seeking applications from institutions across the country.
- International students are also encouraged if they are already enrolled at an American university at the time of application.
- If you are a full-time student enrolled in a degree program at the time of application, you can apply to become a hackNY Fellow.
- Applications are accepted in all disciplines, including product design and management, but are currently focused primarily on engineering.
How to Apply for Hackny Fellows 2019
Students can register via the link provided to apply for the scholarship program.
Hackny fellows 2019 Application Deadline
Application deadline for the hackNY scholarship 2019 is October 15, November 15 and December 15. Your chances are better if you apply earlier.
Hackny fellows 2019 Application link
You can contact info-at-hackNY.org for more information or questions.”